What is hypothyroidism?
- Hypothyroidism is a common endocrine disorder resulting from deficiency of thyroid hormone.
- Hypothyroidism is also known as under active thyroid.
- Hypothyroidism is more common in female than male.
- Those aged above 60 are more prone to Hypothyroidism but in these days hypothyroidism is seen in both genders across all age groups.
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland that sits at the front of your neck. It releases hormones to help your body regulate and use energy.
Your thyroid is responsible for providing energy to nearly every organ in your body. It controls functions like how your heart beats and how your digestive system works. Without the right amount of thyroid hormones, your body’s natural functions begin to slow down.
Symptoms vary from person to person and case to case but most common symptoms of hypothyroidism are
Slowed heart rate
Pain and stiffness in your joints
Dry, thinning hair
Fertility difficulties or menstrual changes
Why TSH levels are high in case of Hypothyroidism?
- TSH levels are key factor in clinical evaluation Hypothyroidism.
- In case thyroid gland is not producing enough hormones, the pituitary gland will boost TSH to increase thyroid hormone production.
- If you have hypothyroidism, your TSH levels are high, as your body is trying to stimulate more thyroid hormone activity.
What causes Hypothyroidism?
- The major reason for Hypothyroidism is Auto Immunity factor.
- Auto Immunity is a clinical condition where in your body confuses normal, healthy cells for invading cells. This is called an autoimmune response. If the autoimmune response isn’t regulated or treated, your immune system can attack healthy tissues. This can cause serious medical issues, including conditions like hypothyroidism.
- The other major reason is physical and mental stress.
- Physical stress can be defined as stress on the physical body where it is not able to accommodate or adjust to a lifestyle such as fast food, disturbed sleep patterns and environmental risk factors. Mental stress can arise from work pressure, emotional weakness, and grief or family disputes.
- These factors result in the secretion of cortisol, the hormone which acts as a protective mechanism to stress. Cortisol helps in combating physical threat, when the duration of stress increases too much cortisol causes the tissues to no longer respond to the thyroid hormone signal. This is known as thyroid resistance. It can cause thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels to be elevated while T4 and T3 are within the normal range.
Hypothyroidism – Ayurvedic approach
Causes for Hypothyroidism as per Ayurveda
The main causes of thyroid disease are diet and lifestyle factors that imbalance the digestive fire or agni and improper metabolism. kapha dosha also plays a vital role by depleting ojas. Once the ojas is affected then the immune system begins to act improperly, attacking the thyroid gland and resulting in depletion of thyroid functions and body metabolism.
- THYROX-Perfect Ayurvedic medicine for Hypothyroidism
- THYROX is time tested Ayurvedic medicine made as per principles and literature of Ayurveda.
- THYROX works on the root cause of Hypothyroidism unlike allopathic medicines which works on symptoms.
- Allopathic treatment for Hypothyroidism is simply hormonal supplementation which is simply working on symptoms and one need to take these hormones for life still with suffering of thyroid side complications.
- Ingredients in THYROX go deep into your system and restores Thyroid gland by proper balancing of KAPHA DOSHAS. THYROX works in a way last OJAS is regenerated and basic body metabolism is regenerated.
A medical condition referred by name GALAGANDA in Ayurvedic texts can be correlated with modern day Hypothyroidism.
The most common symptom of improper functioning of Thyroid gland that is neck swelling is found in ATHARVA VEDA by the name APACHI. Charaka The farther of Ayurveda described about this disease under the 20 varieties of sleshma vikaras. Sushrutha has described that out of seven layers of the skin, the sixth layer Rohini is galaganda rogadhistana.
Uniqueness of THYROX manufacturing
- We adopted time tested unique and vedic manufacturing process while manufacturing THYROX.
- Process we adopted is very unique by virtue of SUDDIKARANA (Traditional way of purification)
- To give little light on this process of SUDDHIKARANA we adopt all the ingredients are taken into an earthen pot and to it 10 parts of pure desi breed cow milk is added then covered with earthen caps sealed with mud and these pots will be stored under soil for 21 days. After 21 days these pots will be taken out from the soil caps removed and pots will be paced on cow dung fire until total material turns into pale yellow powder. Then this pale yellow powder is added to 5 parts of Desi breed Cow butter milk and same process will be repeated. These two steps will be done for minimum of 8 times and final product is collected. By virtue of this unique SUDDHIKARANA all herbal and mineral ingredients will be removed from DOSHAS and ingredients will be bio activated so as will be better absorbed by the body to give the expected results.
- THYROX is the only Ayurvedic answer to reduce dependence on hormonal supplements if used in accordance with advice of our Ayurvedic doctors can make your life medicine free.
- Normalizes thyroid gland function
- Reduces dependence on other medicines to normalise TSH levels
- Provides relief from stress commonly experienced with thyroid malfunction
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces body aches
- Reduces skin and other allergies experienced due to thyroid malfunction.
- Reduces hyper-sensitivity associated with thyroid malfunction
Benefits of THYROX
- It activates the under-active thyroid gland
- It works to stabilize the TSH levels and bring them within the accepted range
- It provides long-lasting results
Additional Benefits of THYROX
THYROX not only helps to normalize TSH levels, it also:
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces body aches
- Reduces stress associated with thyroid malfunction
- Reduces hyper sensitivity associated with thyroid malfunction
- Reduces skin and other allergies that are common in hypothyroid patients
Daily take two capsules with water one before or after breakfast and one after dinner.
- It is best to take the first capsule on an empty stomach before breakfast. However, you can also have it after breakfast, but make sure to take it at least an hour after the meal.
- The second capsule is to be had before sleeping at night. Once again, it should be taken only after at least one hour of having dinner
As these THYROX capsules balances metabolism and increases OJAS some people may feel increase in heatness in body which is natural phenomenon and will last for just few days only.
We advise to take good quantities of body cooling foods like butter milk without salt, coconut water, fruit juices etc.
Special dietary recommendations while taking THYROX
Eat a balanced diet
- Your thyroid needs adequate amounts of iodine in order to fully function. You don’t need to take an iodine supplement in order for that to happen. A balanced diet of whole grains, beans, lean proteins, and colorful fruits and vegetables should provide enough iodine.
Restrict Soya intake
- Soy may hinder the absorption of thyroid hormones so please avoid or reduce soya and soya related products like soya milk, tofu, soya chunks, meal maker etc.
- Take fiber in balance Like soy, fiber may interfere with hormone absorption. Too much dietary fiber may prevent your body from getting the thyroid hormones it needs. So always take fiber in moderation.
Iron and calcium supplements
- Taking iron or calcium supplements may reduce the effectiveness of many thyroid medications. Take these supplements with greater caution.
Avoid certain Cruciferous vegetables
- Avoid vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kale, and Brussels sprouts.
Take food rich in anti-oxidants
- Take food rich in anti-oxidants like Blueberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and other foods rich in antioxidants can improve overall health and benefit the thyroid gland. Eating foods high in B vitamins, like whole grains, may also help.
Food to take in good quantities
- Staples – Old rice and barley
- Dairy – Cow’s milk and its products like ghee, curd and liberal quantities of unsalted buttermilk
- Pulses – Bengal gram, green gram
- Natural sweeteners – old jaggery, sugarcane juice
- Vegetables – raw banana, bottle gourd, ash gourd, ridge gourd, drumsticks, green leafy vegetables
- Fruits – pineapple, banana, watermelon, muskmelon, black grapes
- Spices – sesame seeds, garlic, cinnamon
- Egg whites
- Include these in your daily diet, as much as possible.
Foods to Limit & Avoid
Some foods are best avoided by patients of hypothyroidism. These interfere with the body functioning.
They also interfere with the medicine’s effect and do not help in bringing the TSH levels back to normal.
Limit the intake of
- Wheat, maida and new rice
- Black gram
- Lemons, citrus fruits and mangoes
- Buffalo’s milk
- All bakery products and junk foods of every kind
Avoid intake of
- White sugar
- Fried foods
- Ice creams
- Canned foods
Yes, you may. Initially when you start taking Thyrox, you may have it along with allopathic medication. However, after a few months, get your TSH levels tested. Thereafter, on consultation with the doctor, you may have to change the dosage of the allopathic medicine. Thyrox works to help stabilise the TSH levels and normalise the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Yes, you may start taking Thyrox capsules even if you have been suffering from the condition for as long as you have. You will realise the benefits of Thyrox after at least four months of usage. However, for faster and better results, it is recommended that you use the formula as early as possible, once the condition has been diagnosed.
Even patients with hyperthyroidism may take Thyrox. Since the formula activates the thyroid gland and acts in such a way that the gland begins to function normally, even those suffering from hyperthyroidism may consume Thyrox. It is however, more effective for hypothyroidism.
Generally, it is advised to give Thyrox to children over the age of 6 years only. For children between 6 and 12 years of age, you can give half the recommended dosage. This means that you can give them only one capsule per day, preferably before breakfast.
The ingredients used in creating Thyrox produce body heat. It is normal for some to experience excess body heat. To help reduce this, you should take lots of fluids, especially coconut water, barley water and unsalted buttermilk (made from cow’s milk). In addition to this, you will also have to avoid fatty foods and fried foods.
Hypothyroidism leads to gain of weight and sluggishness in many people. Since Thyrox helps to bring back the thyroid gland to normal levels of functioning, associated symptoms will also be tackled. However, along with taking Thyrox, you will have to maintain some dietary regime and exercise regularly. Our section on Food regime and Exercise will give you more details on what to take, what to avoid and which Yogasanas to perform.
Ayushveda’s 4G Green Power is a nutrient supplement made of pure vegetarian ingredients. This helps to improve energy levels in the body as well as improve immunity. Since it comes with many other health benefits like detoxifying and the overall wellbeing of the body, it can be had by any age group. This can be taken along with Thyrox to overcome body aches and sluggishness.
If you have started taking Thyrox right after hypothyroidism has been detected in you, there are definite chances of you recovering completely. For others, it might take time. Results are long-lasting and very effective.
It is best to consult with our doctor to assess your cardiac problem before taking Thyrox. You may contact our doctors on our helpline or message them on our website.
Ideally, you should have the medicine before breakfast and an hour after dinner. However, if you wish to have the medicine after breakfast, you should make sure to have it an hour after breakfast. Also make sure that you do not eat anything in this one hour.
It is not necessary that you have hypothyroidism if you are feeling sluggish and have body aches. You may be suffering from other conditions or may simply be deficient in vitamins and minerals. If you have a doubt, consult with our doctors. They will access your condition and recommend the necessary tests to determine whether you have hypothyroidism or not.
Ayurveda works well when you follow the diet suggested and exercise well. Though eating certain foods once in a while is not harmful, it is best to avoid them or limit their intake when taking the medicine. By this, the medicine will act faster and more effectively.